Sabudana Khichdi is the most famous dish among Indians during the fasting days on Navratri ,Ekadashi ,Mahashivratri and many on many more special festivals. It’s one of the most easy and tasty homemade snacks which require a little experience to make the texture of Sabudana Pearls Perfect.
Tips For Making Sabudana Ki Khichdi
- Before Making Sabudana Khichdi the Tapioca Or sabudana needs to be soaked into water for at least 2-3 hours but it totally depends on what quality of sabudana you are using, some doesn’t require to be soaked in water while some requires only 15 mins for soaking.
Is sabudana khichdi good for health?
Sabudana Khichdi is the most common dish among the Indians during fasting, As it provides energy for whole day. Yes it has health benefits as it has high Calories and Carbs , but For weight loss its not all a good choice.
Detailed Step By Step Process On
How to make sabudana Khichdi In Home
Soaking Of sabudana
- Wash 1 cup of Sabudana or tapioca pearls multiple times in water till all of the starch is washed away. Now Soak the sabudana in water.
- The water level must be atleast 1.5 times more than Sabudana. Down in the picture, as you can see the sabudana pearls are already soaked . Depending on the Quality of sabudana pearls you may soak them in a single day or for a few hours. I constantly soak them in a single day for the reason that even after soaking them for two to a few hours, they don’t soften.
- To Check whether the sabudana is soft you have to press it with hand and if it gets smashed easily then you are ready to go but the otherwise happens then add more water at let it happen for more 15 mins.
- Now take out the Sabudana Pearls into another conatainer carefully and then again wash it with cold water so that it will make sure that no extra starch is left inside it.
Cooking of potatoes
- As Soon as the Sabudana pearls gets ready , now its time for cooking potatoes .Take 4-5 Potatoes into a pressure cooker and then add water to it and leave it for 10-15mins so that the potatoes get nicely cooked from every sides.4-5 Whistles of cooker is recommended
- Now let the potatoes gets cooled after that peel off the potatoes properly .You can even deep fry the potatoes but boiling is mostly preferred.
Peanut powder For sabudana Ki Khichdi
- Heat the pan for 2mins and then add 1-2 cup of peanuts or moongphali
- Keep the flame low untill the peanuts gets properly roasted. Over Roasting will destroy the flavors.
- Now let the peanuts cool for some time and then add it into a mixing jar and grind it for few times.
- Now pour the mixture into the cooled sabudana and now add 1 tsp of Sedna Namak & Sugar as per taste .Mix it well for few minutes.
Finally making Of Sabudana ki Khichdi
- Add 2 tsp of ghee or peanut oil into a kadhai or frying pan.
- Add 1 tsp. of Cummin seeds.
- Now let them get browned.
- Add 1-2 chopped of Green Chilli
- Now add Chopped potatoes
- Sauté Them well for 2mins
- Now add Sabu dana and the peanut powder mixture into the pan.
- Mix them well all together for approx. 6-7mins.
- If possible add lemon juice for extra flavors .
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and your Sabu dana ki khichdi is ready.
- ▢1 cup sabudana (or tapioca pearls)
- ▢2 medium sized potatoes
- ▢½ cup roasted peanuts
- ▢8 to 10 curry leaves – optional
- ▢1 teaspoon grated ginger – optional
- ▢1 green chili – chopped
- ▢1 teaspoon cumin
- ▢¼ cup grated fresh coconut (optional)
- ▢½ to 1 teaspoon sugar or as required
- ▢½ to 1 teaspoon lemon juice or as required (optional)
- ▢3 tablespoon peanut oil or ghee
- ▢rock salt (edible and food grade) (sendha namak) as required
Tips for making desirable sabudana khichdi
- Rinse the sabudana pearls in a colander below going for walks water very well till you experience that every one starch is rinsed and washed away.
- Transfer the washed and tired sabudana in a bowl. Add water with its stage simply above 1 to 1.five inches withinside the bowl.
3. Cover the bowl and go away the sabudana pearls for three to four hours or overnight. The time period will depend upon the nice of sabudana pearls.
4. In the morning earlier than you begin, take a look at at the soaked sabudana. Press some pearls. They must mash easily. If you experience a few hardness withinside the Center, then upload some tablespoons of water and go away for half-hour greater.
5. Depending at the nice of sabudana, it could take much less or greater hours for soaking or would require much less or greater water.
- Using a colander or a sieve, pressure all of the water from the sabudana. The water needs to be strained very well. extra moisture or water could make the khichdi mushy, sticky, lumpy and pasty.
- Potatoes may be boiled, steamed or fried earlier than including to khichdi.
- Do now no longer overcook sabudana, as then they could emerge as dry and dense.
How long should Sabudana be soaked?
It depends on the quality of Sabudana , generally it takes 5-6 hours for an average.
Is Sabudana khichdi gluten free?
Sabudana is gluten free that’s why it used in fasting among the indians during the festivals like shivratri Navratri and many others.
Hello This is Kavish Sharma Here
I am IT Btech 3rd year Student I Am A foodie and loves to read and write about Food Recipes and review Restaurants near me
I am Also a Vlogger at Kavish Vlogs