Lauki Ki Barfi Using Milk Powder
Lauki ki barfi the usage of milk powder is a completely scrumptious and nutritious recipe best for vrat and fasts like Navratri. It could be very smooth to make and calls for no unique elements. Just everyday elements located in your kitchen. This burfi is best for prasad or bhog. So in your subsequent vrat or rapid do strive it out.
Lauki Ki Barfi With Milk Powder Without Mawa or Condensed milk
Lauki Ki Barfi is a smooth 20 minutes dessert/mithai. A chunk of this lauki ki barfi and you have this clean flavor on your mouth. It could be very nutritious as it’s miles packed with the goodness of lauki / bottle gourd. This barfi is perfect for Vrat / Fast. Once you strive for it you’ll recognize how smooth it’s miles to make it.
Lauki burfi is an Indian fudge made for the usage of bottle gourd, a completely famous Indian vegetable. I simply shared a savory lauki recipe at the weblog now no longer lengthy ago. Today though, we’re the usage of it in dessert!
My recipe for lauki burfi requires only some elements: bottle gourd, sugar, powdered milk, ghee and cardamom. This sort of fudge normally requires inexperienced meals coloring, however we’re topping it with inexperienced pistachios instead!
The manner I make this burfi is a piece uncommon however you’re going to must believe me. I don’t upload any water to the on the spotaneous pot after I make this…
I realize… however definitely, no water. And yes, I additionally realize that’s towards on the spotaneous pot’s regulations. But regulations are intended to be broken (additionally: thank goodness my kids can’t study yet).
When I first began out checking out this recipe, I did upload water to the pot alongside sugar and lauki and despite the fact that the recipe becomes top-notch, all of it simply took all time to make due to the fact I needed to boil off quite a few waters on the end. I knew I had to discover a faster/less difficult manner earlier than sharing this recipe with you.
I subsequently found out that lauki releases quite a little water because it chefs and so there’s simply no want for extra water. I’ve made this burfi often without including any water and my on the spontaneous pot hasn’t given me any hassle with coming to stress. That said, in case you discover that your pot isn’t coming to stress then experience unfastened to feature a tablespoon or of water in case you must.
why must I make Lauki Ki Barfi in an on spontaneous pot?
Because it’s a good deal less difficult. This definitely is the quickest manner to make lauki ki Barfi
Traditionally, this sort of burfi takes for all time to make. There’s quite a few status with the aid of using the stovetop and stirring involved. I simply don’t have that sort of patience. That said, there’s nevertheless a few stirring required – however a good deal much less!
By stress cooking sugar with lauki, we’re concurrently cooking the lauki at the same time as additionally creating a sugar syrup, which (alongside ghee and powdered milk) will assist maintain the burfi collectively because it cools.
After cooking the lauki and sugar, you simply upload ghee, milk powder (I like this brand), and cardamom to the pot and stir till all the liquid dries up. Pour the aggregate right into a greased pan, pinnacle with pasta and permit it set. Cut into bars and serve!
Ingredients For Lauki Ki barfi
Lauki: You can discover bottle gourd at your neighborhood Indian grocery store. To put together lauki, you first want to peel it. And for this recipe, you’ll need to absolutely get rid of the spongy center and all the seeds. It’ll appear like you’re casting off pretty a piece of the Lauki Ki Barfi however don’t worry, you’re doing it right. Use the lauki paste in a Cup. that’s generally round small bottle gourds. It’s best in case you use a bit greater or a bit much less lauki withinside the recipe. Just hold in thoughts that the greater lauki you use, the greater water you’ll want to boil off on the end.
- Dry Milk Powder: I use this natural dry milk powder however any milk powder will work.
- Cardamom: you may use freshly floor or already floor cardamom. I’ve accomplished each and it’s top notch both manner.
- Pistachios (or Pumpkin Seeds if nut-unfastened): You don’t must use pistachios however I love the sedation and the feel they upload. When you purchase lauki burfi in stores, it’s usually vibrant inexperienced however I don’t like the usage of meal coloring. I love the herbal inexperienced shadeation that pista provides to the burfi. Also, pistachios are (obviously) the tastiest nut ever (cashews are a near 2d and peanuts are a legume so they’re now no longer a part of this made-up competition).
can I use much less sugar or ghee? what if I need to make lauki halwa?
You could make mild changes to this recipe and it’ll flip out best, but I could now no longer endorse significantly lowering the quantity of sugar or ghee on this recipe as they assist to maintain the burfi collectively.
If you are making halwa, you may alter the sugar and ghee in your preference.
To make lauki halwa, simply prevent after step four (see recipe below), garnish with nuts, and serve heat in a bowl. You can alter the sugar and ghee in your flavor (or go away it as is).
Lauki Ki Barfi Using Milk Powder
- 1 Big Lauki (Bottlegourd) (Should be smooth however firm)
- half of cup Sugar (regulate the amount in step with your taste)
- 50 gms Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- half of cup Milk Powder
- half of cup Milk
- 2 Green Cardamoms (powdered)
- 10 – 12 Badam sliced (Almonds)
- 1 tsp Ghee for greasing
- Wash and peel the lauki. Now grate ONLY the inexperienced a part of the lauki. If the use of the complete lauki then eliminates all of the seeds. This offers the intense inexperienced shadeation to the burfi. You can preserve the white of the lauki for making kofte or any lauki ki sabzi.
- Grease the tray with ghee, in that you need to set the burfi. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl blend collectively milk and milk powder. Mix it properly and ensure there aren’t anyt any lumps. Keep it aside.
- Take a heavy backside Kadai and warm the ghee and upload the grated lauki.
- On medium-low flame upload the grated lauki and saute until the moisture evaporates. This has to take 15 mins. Keep stirring continuously closer to the quit while the lauki is sort of dry.
- Once the lauki acquires a shine then add the sugar and blend properly.
- When the sugar starts offevolved to soften it the combination will once more start to get fluids. On low flame preserve blending until the water evaporates and turns into a lump.
- Now upload the milk and milk powder combination. Again prepare dinner until the moisture evaporates.
- Continue stirring and prepare dinner till it goes away the perimeters of the Kadai.
- Switch off the flame and switch this combination into the greased tray. Spread the combination evenly.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts and press them gently.
- Cover and allow it to sit for at least 2-three hours at room temperature or 1 hr in the refrigerator.
- Cut into favored form and serve.
Hello This is Kavish Sharma Here
I am IT Btech 3rd year Student I Am A foodie and loves to read and write about Food Recipes and review Restaurants near me
I am Also a Vlogger at Kavish Vlogs