Chatpate Masala aloo or Bombay Potatoes is the suitable appetizer, aspect dish, or foremost route according to your preference. It tastes exceptional with a scrumptious Indian Meal or a celebrity dish on its own. A flavourful highly spiced Aloo recipe tossed in spices to serve on your subsequent weekend celebration or easy consolation meal.
We all love aloo, don’t we In this masala aloo recipe, boiled potatoes are stir-fried and tossed into fragrant spices. The best aspect is it comes collectively in only 10-15 Minutes. I even have constantly been partial to spices and for the reason that time I commenced cooking! I am surprised at how including one spice or changing it with different makes a lot of distinction in flavor. There are many Aloo recipes to attempt. These days, that is our favorite manner to devour potatoes.
Being a Punjabi I even have had my proportion of scrumptious Punjabi food. Be it first-rate crammed parathas or specific kinds of paneer recipes, I love them all. I make certain there’s sufficient range at the desk.
But there’s one-big name factor this is often a gift at the desk in a few shapes or different. Aloo Vada, Aloo Tikki, Sesame Potato/Til wale Aloo, chutney aloo, Aloo paratha there’s constantly a potato snack recipe that tastes exceptional. You can examine and make those dishes as properly. All of those recipes are there on the blog.
Of most of these Indian potato recipes, the Aloo masala recipe is constantly my first preference. And why now no longer? Who doesn’t love highly spiced potatoes!
They soak up any flavors so superbly and flavor so top. I am certain all of you could relate to me here. We all are potatoes fans. Potatoes are smooth to make however if we do now no longer aware of our recipe and be affected person it would flip bland.
I love making something that has potatoes in them. So naturally, I am a piece of bias in the direction of the Bombay Potatoes. They aren’t handiest, highly spiced and flavourful, however brief and smooth too. You could make those in much less than 20 Minutes.
Now in case you are nevertheless questioning why those are referred to as Bombay potatoes. I suppose it is simply a flowery call for Chatpate Masala aloo all of us have grown up eating. The handiest distinction is that they appearance fancy with infant potatoes and appearance top whilst served as an appetizer. It’s a famous dish throughout maximum Indian eating place in Britain.
Yes, I did say each brief and smooth, brief due to the fact the cooking time is much less than 20 mins and smooth due to the fact all you want is a few potatoes, water, and spices. Oh, yeah! all you want to do is, boil the potatoes and stir them in fragrant spices and the tangy Chatpate Masala Aloo is ready. In my case, I constantly have a few boiled potatoes withinside the refrigerator as I meal prep weekly. So I can prepare dinner for any scrumptious potato dish in mins.
Beginners can constantly make this highly spiced Indian starter withinside the first go. You will have the Chatpate Masala aloo with inexperienced chutney for a night snack or as a celebration appetizer.
You could make those chatpata snacks or Chatpate Masala aloo with infant potatoes or medium-sized ones as I did. I opt to reduce smallish medium-sized into halves because it offers me extra floor place for masala coating this means that extra flavor and spicier.
Other smooth but delectable recipes, which I cooked at the same time as making this scrumptious Indian potato recipe. Make a meal with Shahi Paneer, flawlessly cooked Jeera rice, and scrumptious makhani Anda curry. Another comparable recipe you could attempt is Arbi Masala.
Recipe Notes and Tips
Recognition of the Species is an ought to at the same time as making this Recipe. To make a suitable Potato masala, one has to recognize those mystery tips.
Add Salt at the same time as boiling the potatoes withinside the cooker.
Cut the potatoes in half, this manner they soak extra flavors and flavor a lot better.
Seasoning is the make or spoil of this recipe. One has to feature the proper quantity of salt, in any other case, the complete recipe will flavor bland Chatpate Masala aloo.
Be affected person at the same time as boiling the potatoes. They want to be boiled (of their skins) till they’re properly cooked properly internal after which you could continue with the recipe.
Chatpate Masala aloo | Bombay Style Aloo (Crispy Aloo)
- ▢350 grams Potato/ infant potato
- ▢2 tablespoon oil
- ▢1 tablespoon cumin seeds/jeera
- ▢1 tablespoon mustard seeds/sarso
- ▢¼ teaspoon fenugreek seeds/methi
- ▢⅕ teaspoon Asafoetida/hing
- ▢2-three dry crimson chilli
- ▢1/four cup of chopped crimson onions
- ▢1-2 chopped inexperienced chillies
- ▢1 teaspoon ginger grated
- ▢¼ tablespoon turmeric/haldi powder
- ▢1 teaspoon crimson chilli /lal mirch powder
- ▢1 tablespoon coriander /dhaniya powder
- ▢Salt to flavor
- ▢1 teaspoon cumin powder/Jeera powder
- ▢three-four tablespoons water
- ▢Chopped Coriander / Dhania garnish
- Pressure prepare dinner dinner Potatoes in salted water.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and maintain aside.
- Heat tablespoons of oil in a a massive pan.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, hing (asafoetida) and 2-three dry crimson chillies withinside the pan.
- Mix the spices and upload 1/four cup of chopped crimson onions, chopped inexperienced chillies grated ginger in them.
- Saute the onion till the shadeation of the onion turns mild pink.
- When the onion turns barely pink, lessen the warmth to gradual and upload turmeric powder in it.
- Then upload crimson chilli powder, coriander powder, salt to flavor.
- Add cumin powder and blend the onions in conjunction with the spices.
- After 1 minute upload three-four tablespoons of water withinside the pan and blend all of the substances together.
- Cut the boiled potatoes into halves.
- Add the boiled potatoes withinside the pan and prepare dinner dinner the dish for four-five minutes.
- Turn off the warmth, garnish with chopped sparkling coriander leaves and your Chatpate Masala Aloo or Bombay potato is ready.
- Serve it as potato sabji or snack
Hello This is Kavish Sharma Here
I am IT Btech 3rd year Student I Am A foodie and loves to read and write about Food Recipes and review Restaurants near me
I am Also a Vlogger at Kavish Vlogs