Palak Paneer Recipe | Palak Paneer Homemade Recipe
Palak Paneer is a famous Indian dish of Indian cottage cheese cubes in a mild, spiced clean spinach sauce. This scrumptious creamy dish is made with clean spinach leaves, paneer (organization cottage cheese), onions, tomatoes, herbs, and spices.
It’s a healthful inexperienced-colored paneer recipe organized in particular from the thick paste of spinach puree. basically, the smooth palak paneer recipe hails from the famous north Indian delicacies or Punjabi delicacies and is generally served with tandoor roti & naan. there are numerous methods to put together it, however this an eating place-fashion spinach cottage cheese curry.
I’ve constantly been a massive fan of paneer recipes and specifically to the north Indian paneer curries for roti or chapati. however, I have a unique attachment in the direction of the palak paneer recipe and therefore it’s far the maximum common organized paneer recipe in my house. possibly it may be the color and texture as compared to the alternative curries which might be both crimson or orange in color. creamy darkish inexperienced color with smooth and soft fried paneer cubes makes this dish lip-smacking heaven. generally, this curry is in particular served with roti or naan, however,
I even revel in it with rice and pooris too. particularly, jeera rice and palak gravy is my non-public favor, and that I make certain to make this mixture on every occasion I quit getting ready this palak curry. I might closely advocate to do that mixture and proportion your remarks withinside the remark section.
in addition, I would really like to say a few tips, pointers, and versions for the palak paneer recipe eating place fashion. firstly, i’ve used self-made paneer on this recipe, which I’ve fried earlier than including it in the curry. additionally, in case you decide on smooth and wet paneer, make certain to soak the paneer in warm water earlier than frying them. secondly, I’ve introduced tomatoes and onions with different dry spices. as a count of fact, I was given this tip from a chef to feature tomatoes for sourness, however, in case you do now no longer decide on you may bypass it. lastly, for the vegan model of palak paneer, use soy-based tofu cubes as an opportunity to paneer cubes. additionally, bypass the cream on the ultimate step.
About this recipe
This scrumptious palak paneer recipe in the manner my mother has constantly made it for our family. She has been making this recipe for years, has handed it to me, and now I am so glad to proportion it here.
It is one of the maximum famous and properly-favored paneer recipes on the weblog in addition to our favorite at home.
In my palak paneer recipe, I display the approach of blanching spinach. This is performed in order that the dish has pleasant inexperienced sedation and it’s far a healthful exercise as properly.
I constantly suggest blanching spinach earlier than making any dish wherein the spinach leaves are utilized in massive portions and wherein a puree is crafted from them.
This scrumptious palak paneer is going properly with roti, naan, paratha, or tandoori roti. Or serve it with jeera or biryani rice, saffron, or ghee rice.
Palak Paneer vs Saag Paneer
Saag paneer and palak paneer are regularly taken into consideration the identical dish, however, they’re now no longer. Palak paneer is the true Indian dish made with the best spinach puree, wherein saag paneer is made with an aggregate of numerous vegetables.
Saag paneer appears to had been popularized out of doors of India, but it’s far nevertheless very unusual in India.
In the Punjabi or Hindi language the word ‘saag’ method vegetables. Various leafy vegetables fall beneath neath this class of ‘saag’, along with amaranth leaves, spinach, dill leaves, radish leaves, mustard leaves, fenugreek leaves, and purslane.
My mother-in-regulation by no means makes saag paneer, but there are 4 versions of palak or spinach saag that she makes.
One is made with mung lentils (palak mung dal), some others with break up chickpeas (chana dal palak), the 0.33 with potatoes (aloo palak), and the fourth with paneer – popularly called palak paneer.
Technically saag paneer is a dish wherein the saag is made first via way of means of combining 2 to a few forms of vegetables. Then paneer is introduced to the pureed vegetables.
Even eleven though they’re distinct dishes, each palak paneer and saag paneer are healthful in addition to scrumptious.
How to make Palak Paneer Recipe
Making Palak Puree
- Rinse the palak or spinach leaves thoroughly in strolling water. Tender stems is fine. If the stems are stringy, then discard the stems.
- Boil three cups of water in a pan or microwave or electric powered heater. Add ¼ teaspoon salt to the recent water and stir. When the water involves a rolling boil, transfer off the flame. Add the spinach leaves withinside the warm water. Let the palak leaves take a seat down withinside the water for approximately 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, the use of a pasta tong, take the leaves.
- Immediately upload the palak or spinach leaves in a pan or bowl containing ice bloodless water. This approach allows in maintaining the inexperienced shadeation of the spinach. Just upload eight to ten ice cubes to a few cups of water to get bloodless water. Allow the spinach leaves to be withinside the bloodless water for a minute.
- Then drain the ice bloodless water. Add the spinach in a blender or grinder jar with chopped ginger, garlic and inexperienced chilies.
- Make a clean palak puree. No want to feature water even as making the puree. Keep the spinach puree aside.
Sautéing Onions & Tomatoes
- Heat oil or ghee or butter in a pan or kadhai. If the use of butter, soften it a low flame ensuring that the butter does now no longer brown.
- Add the cumin and allow them to splutter.
- Then upload the tej patta or bay leaf.
- Add the finely chopped onions. Saute until the onions end up golden.
- Then upload the finely chopped garlic. Saute until the uncooked aroma of garlic is going away. No want to brown the garlic.
- Add the chopped tomatoes. Stir and saute the tomatoes until they soften.
- Once the tomatoes are softened and also you see fats liberating from the edges of the aggregate. Then upload the turmeric powder, crimson chili powder, and asafoetida/hing.
- Mix thoroughly.
Making Palak Paneer
Then upload the palak puree and blend properly.
Add approximately ½ cup water or as required. Mix once more.
Simmer for six to 7 mins or greater until the palak or spinach is cooked. Season with salt. The gravy or sauce may also thicken via way of means of now.
Stir and upload garam masala powder.
Stir once more after which upload the paneer (cottage cheese) cubes.
Mix thoroughly and transfer off the heat.
Lastly, upload 2 tablespoons of low-fat cream. If the use of heavy whipping cream, then upload 1 tablespoon of it. Stir lightly once more in order that the cream receives included withinside the gravy uniformly.
- Pour the palak paneer into serving bowls. While serving you may pinnacle it with a few butter or cream.
- You also can drizzle some drops of lime or lemon juice on the pinnacle in conjunction with ginger julienne at the palak paneer.
- Stir and serve palak paneer warm with a few rotis. It additionally is going thoroughly with Indian bread like tandoori roti, phulka, paratha or naan.
- Being a flexible dish, it additionally accompanies rice dishes from the Indian delicacies like cumin rice, vegetable pulao, ghee rice, or even easy steamed rice thoroughly.
Ingredients For Palak Puree
▢250 grams spinach or five to six cups kind of chopped spinach
▢1 to two inexperienced chilies or 1 Serrano pepper or 1 to two Anaheim peppers – chopped
▢1 to two small to medium garlic cloves – kind of chopped (optional)
▢1-inch ginger – kind of chopped ▢three cups water for blanching spinach
▢three cups water for ice tub
▢2 tablespoon oil or ghee (clarified butter) or butter
▢½ teaspoon cumin seeds ▢1 small to medium tej patta (Indian bay leaf)
▢⅓ cup finely chopped onions or 1 small to medium-sized onion
▢1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic or four to five small to medium garlic cloves
▢⅓ cup finely chopped tomatoes or 1 small to medium-sized tomato
▢¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (floor turmeric) ▢½ teaspoon crimson chili powder or cayenne pepper or paprika ▢1 pinch asafoetida (hing) – optional ▢½ cup water or upload as required
▢¼ or ½ teaspoon garam masala powder – upload extra if required
▢2 hundred to 250 grams paneer or tofu ▢2 tablespoons low fats cream or 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream ▢1 teaspoon Kasuri methi leaves (dry fenugreek leaves) – optional. Kasuri methi is overwhelmed and introduced proper closer to the end. simply earlier than including cream. ▢salt as required
▢1 to two teaspoons cream (low fats or heavy cream) or butter for garnish – optional
▢½ to at least one-inch ginger – julienne ▢lemon or lime wedges or slices